Tuesday, October 1, 2013

The Saga Goes On: The Carl B. Schwait, Trevor Rhodes, Richard Bower, Nationwide Insurance Company Called Me (A Non-Lawyer) "A Lawyer" Issue To Retaliate My Autism

I have reported in my blog posts before about the ongoing saga that happened when Honorable Magistrate Gary R. Jones, made a judicial "fact finding" that (1.) I "suffers from autism," Petranos v. Old Republic et al., N.D.Fla. No. 1:12-cv-00086-SPM/GRJ, Dkt. 116, pg. 5, and that I am "a licensed California lawyer,' id., Dkt. 74, pg. 1 n.1. 

Carl B. Schwait is a law professor at the University of Florida Levin College of Law in Gainesville, Florida, and a member of The Florida Bar Board of Governors. Trevor Rhodes and Richard Bower are University of Florida Levin College of Law school graduates. They called me (an adult with Autism and Fragile X mental retardation) who is a non-lawyer "a lawyer" to cheat me out of $100,000 in insurance benefits Nationwide owed me under the insurance policy my family had with them. 

Autism families everywhere know all too well how big insurance companies will use ANY sleazy tactic to deny coverage of insurance benefits due the moment they learn the insured has Autism, no matter what kind of insurance it is. This is a KEY problem all across the United States impacting the Autism community adversely. 

I have since learned that the pleadings I could not see to read that kept being served on me by Carl B. Schwait, Trevor Rhodes, Richard Bower, and Nationwide insurance company in Petranos v. Old Republic, et al., N.D.Fla. No. 1:12-cv-00086-SPM/GRJ were the impetus that caused the Honorable Magistrate Gary R. Jones to adjudicate me, a non-lawyer, 'a licensed member of the California Bar.' 

Carl B. Schwait, Esq. and Nationwide insurance company, through and in concert with their counsel, Trevor Rhodes, Esq. and Richard Bower, Esq., filed pleadings in Petranos v. Old Republic, et al., N.D.Fla. No. 1:12-cv-00086-SPM/GRJ, making knowing and material false statement of fact that I am ‘a licensed lawyer’ knowing I am not: see id., Dkt. 213, pg. 2 (“Plaintiffs, a law school graduate and Florida attorney and member of the Florida Bar”) (plural, calling both undersigned David Petrano and M.K.D.P. each a member of The Florida Bar); id., Dkt.171, pg. 7 (“Plaintiffs are both law school graduates with David Petrano being a member of the Florida Bar and Mary Katherine Day-Petrano having passed California’s Bar;” “Other courts have recognized Plaintiffs’ background as significant to include a legal education and bar licensing”) (plural, calling me a licensed member of the California Bar), pg. 11 (“these particular Plaintiffs, law school graduates and Bar members”) (plural, calling me a licensed member of the Bar); id., Dkt. 19, pg. 6 (same); id., Dkt. 55, pg. 5 (same); id., Dkt. 15 (same). 

To the extent I was not able to see to  read and understand Carl B. Schwait's, Trevor Rhodes,'  Richard Bower's, and Nationwide insurance company's pleadings due to my disabilities during the Petranos v. Old Republic, et al., N.D.Fla. No. 1:12-cv-00086-SPM/GRJ case due to their refusal to accommodate my disabilities, I now see that Honorable Magistrate Gary R. Jones was actively misled by Carl B. Schwait, Trevor Rhodes, Richard Bower, and Nationwide insurance company when it resulted in his judicial "fact finding" I am 'a California lawyer.' id., Dkt, 74 n.1. 

That fact finding has never been vacated or removed, and it has been widely published on the Internet as well as on legal databases like LEXIS -- despite my REPEATEDLY demanding that they STOP calling me, a non-lawyer, "a lawyer."

I tried to file a Florida Bar disciplinary grievance complaint against Carl B. Schwait, Trevor Rhodes, and Richard Bower for knowingly calling me, a non-lawyer, "a lawyer" to cheat me out of $100,000 in Nationwide insurance benefits due to me. The Florida Bar lawyer regulation officers, Kenneth Marvin, Jeffrey Brown, Heidi Brewer, Lawrence Sellers, Daniel Nee, and Maritz Arroyo (Florida Bar's response) told me it was okay for Carl B. Schwait, Trevor Rhodes, and Richard Bower to knowingly call me, a non-lawyer, "a lawyer" to financially exploit me as a severely Autistic adult. 

In retaliation, The Florida Bar lawyer regulation officers, Kenneth Marvin, Jeffrey Brown, Lawrence Sellers, Daniel Nee, and Maritz Arroyo, and Carl B. Schwait (sitting as head of the Eighth Judicial Circuit Grievance Committee "A" on the writing distributed to my husband, deciding his own fate) brought attorney discipline charges against my husband, David F. Petrano, and made "probable cause" findings in the absense of providing him his requested Title II Americans With Disabilities Act "reasonable accommnodations," and made findings my husband 'made material false statement of fact' when he repeatedly filed pleadings and told people I am not a licensed lawyer. Lawrence Sellers and Daniel Nee area also law school grads of University of Florida Levin College of Law. 

I wanted to update this ongoing saga, because THIS is how adults with Autism and Autism families are being mis-treated across this Country.

Lawrence Sellers, by the way, works for Holland & Knight law firm, a law firm with a notorious reputation of discrimination in its recent historical past.

I want to repeat to the public: I am NOT a lawyer. I have NEVER held myself out to be a lawyer. 

I have REPEATEDLY asked Carl B. Schwait, Trevor Rhodes, Richard Bower, and Nationwide insurance company to REMOVE all published statements referring to me as "a lawyer" when they know I am not, including the "fact finding" of Honorable Gary R. Jones which their knowing material false statements of fact induced.

In closing, one might have to ask: if The Florida Bar and members of its Board of Governors are going around committing the despicable misconduct of knowingly calling a non-lawyer "a lawyer," can they even regulate themselves ? Ot is it time to abolish The Florida Bar and give lawyer regulation in Florida over to the Department of Business and Professional Regulation ?  

One thing is sure - this is Autism abuse, and The Florida Bar lacks proper safeguards to protect the Autistic disabled public from harm by its own officers.          

No comments:

Post a Comment